Todd E. Finnerty, Psy.D. is running for APA President to change the tone of the conversation at APA.
- Let's Defend ALL psychologists... Learn more
- Let's shake things up at APA & APAPO to better advocate for our interests
- Dr. Finnerty has firsthand knowledge of the needs of Independent & Private Practice Psychologists
Support those who support YOU
Thank you for taking a moment to learn more about me by reading my statements. I am a psychologist with my own
independent practice in Columbus, Ohio. I volunteer with my state psychological association as the APA
Public Education Coordinator for Ohio. I have also started a new advocacy group to defend psychologists and current trainees from
the recent, non-evidence based policies passed by the APA Council of Representatives in August, 2013 & February, 2014. I personally stood
before the APA Council of Representatives in 2012 to urge them to defend all psychologists; and I'm back again to ensure that our voices are heard.
NEW: Dr. Finnerty's 2014 Presidential Campaign
Links to Dr. Finnerty's statements published in 2014 will be posted here when they are published online.
Read Dr. Finnerty's past statements from the 2012 Presidential Campaign
- I support defending #AllPsychologists & other evidence based policies that don't hurt people
- I support transitioning to the use of the ICD instead of the DSM-5 through a partnership with the WHO
- I support letting people join APAPO without joining APA (and having separate boards so each can focus on their individual missions)
- I support free listservs & local networking events for APA members
- I support putting funding for prescription privileges legislation on the backburner and dealing with more important issues that most APA members actually care about